cartotech81 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Automation Equipment Tracker

I am creating a database that tracks automation equipment throughout multiple buildings and that are signed out by multiple individuals. I am wondering if I am able to post the database to the forum to have someone look over it and tell me what they think should be improved. I am not asking for anyone to make the changes just some general direction to make the database more user friendly and functionable.

So I guess my first question is this allowed?

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cartotech81 View Post
    I am creating a database that tracks automation equipment throughout multiple buildings and that are signed out by multiple individuals. I am wondering if I am able to post the database to the forum to have someone look over it and tell me what they think should be improved. I am not asking for anyone to make the changes just some general direction to make the database more user friendly and functionable.

So I guess my first question is this allowed?
    Yes, I believe so. You may get more response if you can convert it to the earlier A2003 mdb format. Please zip it before attaching to a post.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

It will not allow me to save as to anything earlier than 2007. I know there are a few things that are not backwards compatible but I am not sure how to delete these things without further destroying my database.

I did zip and attach my files. To give you an idea of where I am looking to take this in the future is to easily add new equipment, when equipment is turned in or another individual signs for the equipment it will archive the old record and update the information in the main database. I am also looking into filtering the combobox's to narrow down the Model, Room, Cubicles, and items like that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have converted the database to .mdb format hoping to pick up more individuals that can help me.

I appreciate any and all help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You should carefully check the names of your tables. I tried to open a form and a query. In each case I was told Access could not find
    a table used in the form/query.
    You might consider a start up form to help orient the user with your application.

I had to remove some options that contained information that was private so that might be where the problem occurs. I was looking into a start up screen to load different information. I was also told before that I should not edit and add records from the same form so I am working on changing that around also. The main thing I am worried about is if the database is normalized properly. I mean besides the missing tables.

I know I have a long way to go to make is usable for others besides myself and I am trying to teach myself at least one new thing a week for access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.