jacrum is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Autofill with data from another form

Greetings,

Forgive me for this being a lame question, but I have been searching and scouring the internet for the answer and a possible how-to on this and have had no luck in finding the answer. So here goes.

I am building a key management database for the facilities management department of my employer. I have one table of user profiles (all indexed and sorted by an employee's ID number) and a table of various buildings (all indexed and sorted by a building number). There is a form that will be filled out in the database for requesting keys or access to rooms in buildings. What I need this form to do (that I have been unable to have it do) is to be able to input a user's ID number into the ID field on the form and AUTOFILL the other necessary information in using the entry in that table. I also need the same thing to occur with the buildings table (selecting the building name will AUTOFILL the building number and address).

Could anyone provide a how-to step-by-step on how I should go about setting this up?

SoftwareMatters is offline Access VBA Developers
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    You need to add unbound text boxes to your form and then fill them using DLookup - do a serach for DLookup and you should get lots of tips/tutorials. This is the link to Microsoft:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208786

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    All you need in the tables is a field with the PrimaryKey of the other table as a ForeignKey and the tables can be joined on that field and then all of the fields from both tables can be displayed as if they were in one table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.