LauraL is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Student Management Systems - problem

Hi! I am designing a student management system and I am facing some big problems. I have three tables: Student, Curriculum and Subject. There is a many to many relationship between Curriculum and Subject, which resulted in a table AnualSubjects. For each student I would have to know what subjects they have chosen and from what curriculum, therefore I would need a relationship between Student, Curriculum and Subject. I have designined a resulting table named SubjectsStudied with the primary keys StudentID, CurriculumID and SubjectID. After I enter the StudentID and the CurriculumID, I want it to allow me to choose from a combo box only those Subjects which exist in the Curriculum and which I have previously edited in the AnualSUbjects table. How can I solve this problem??? I really need help as soon as posible!!!
    Thank you very much!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like dependent comboboxes. Review http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...combobox2.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

LauraL is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    It should be like this, but I doesn't work because Subjects and Curriculum are not directly related. They are related through the table AnualSubjects, and I take my primary keys in SubjectsStudied from Subjects and Curriculum. Am I missing something?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Should SubjectsStudied have fields for StudentID and AnualSubjectsID (instead of SubjectID and CurriculumID)?

Want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.