Name:	data.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	8305

Ok, here is the data.

(1) Top Part
    (2) Parent Part
    (3) Part That Belongs in Parent Part

I need a way to place these in order, in an array would be nice .. with levels attached to them.

Example with the data:

Top Part: N16646001
    Level 1: N11180001
    Level 2: N07206001
    Level 3: B79909001

Level 1: N12746001
    Level 2: N10848001
    Level 3: N07206001

Level 1: N14232001
    Level 2: B83626001
    Level 2: B89849001
    Level 2: B89850001

So it's a little more clear. All level 2s are parts that go into making the Level 1 part associated. And all level 3s go into the level 2 to make the level 1, etc .. There can be any number of levels so this needs to be dynamic. Hope someone can help!!!

help_me_with_access is offline help_me_with_excel
    Windows XP Access 2007
    AGAIN...you just want the data in an array? is that what you want? JUST IN AN ARRAY? let's be clear. if that is it, and the data at the top of your post represents what the data actually looks like in a table of yours in Access, this is very very easy.

confirm that and I'll show you how to code it. but I might as well warn now...this is going to be complex, especially when using arrays. you might want to consider using temporary objects in access, simply because trying to keep memory structures and allocations seperated in your own brain can become impossible at some point.

this code, using arrays, especially written in access, is not near as easy as you're thinking. but yes, it can be done. it'll just be incredibly repetitive and nested to the point where your eyes might become blurred just by looking at the code.

but go ahead and confirm what I asked and I'll give you a tad of pseudo code that will satsify this seemingly-pressing requirement.

Windows XP Access 2007
    AGAIN...you just want the data in an array? is that what you want? JUST IN AN ARRAY? let's be clear. if that is it, and the data at the top of your post represents what the data actually looks like in a table of yours in Access, this is very very easy.

confirm that and I'll show you how to code it. but I might as well warn now...this is going to be complex, especially when using arrays. you might want to consider using temporary objects in access, simply because trying to keep memory structures and allocations seperated in your own brain can become impossible at some point.

this code, using arrays, especially written in access, is not near as easy as you're thinking. but yes, it can be done. it'll just be incredibly repetitive and nested to the point where your eyes might become blurred just by looking at the code.

but go ahead and confirm what I asked and I'll give you a tad of pseudo code that will satsify this seemingly-pressing requirement.

oh, by the way, tell us too if the data table has any ordering in it. if it is, specify it, as that helps write the code appropriately too.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    xAkademiks,

You should stick with ONE thread. Posting the same question twice in the same day is frowned upon and it wastes our time...

Windows XP Access 2007
    SSANFU,

quit throwing negativity at this poster!!! this is twice now that you've done it. QUIT IT. I'm sure he's gotten the point, even if he does come back. If you're having a bad day, don't mention anything at all....thanks much bud! Hell, it's not like this is complex stuff, but we need just that little extra push to get the detail to write the code.

Report me if you want, but at this point you're even getting annoying to me! and I'm someone that hardly EVER gets mad about anything!

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    throwing negativity at this poster!!
    ????? Informing a poster that they shouldn't post the same question in the same day is "negativity"?? Sorry, it IS frowned upon and does waste time... maybe he didn't know... now he does. Wasn't meant to be "negative". Apologies if it offended you.

Hell, it's not like this is complex stuff,
    Agreed. But in the posts from the 5:49AM post, he asks why YOU can't provide him with an answer, it is a basic concept.

Is he "unable or unwilling to provide details"? In my opinion, the answer is yes. Providing examples of why he needs to be specific is being negative?? Hmmmm...Well, OK.

Report me if you want,
    Why??? Have you done anything wrong or violated forum etiquette?? We have a difference of opinion.

So, I will bow out and won't respond to any more posts by xAkademiks or you. Fair enough?
    I hope you will get enough info to be able to provide a resolution for xAkademiks's questions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.