zero3ree is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Getting ID's when I need titles

I created a db and made it back end. I added the another db and linked some tables into it. Everything works fine except that the title and department

are showing up as the id instead of name in my employee details form. It is really confusing because it seems as if it is reading the info from the employees extended which shows the names but then puts in the id's.

I believe that location will do the same thing but it hasn't been added to the details form yet. I am sure whatever is the problem with the other ones will also resolve that one.

I have attached the be and the fe.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Test.ziptest_be.zip

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Lookup set in table strikes again. The value saved in Department and Title fields is the ID, not the name. These controls on the form are textboxes which don't have a RowSource so the lookups don't apply. Lookup works only with combo and list boxes. Need to include the Department and Title tables in the query that is the form's RecordSource by joining on the ID pk/fk fields then the related info will be available. The jointype needs to be 'Show all records from Employees...'

Or change them into comboboxes.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.