gwallace1 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Detailed Inventory / Supplier DB

Mods, could you delete. I have solved the issue myself. I am not able to correctly articulate my solution without confusing myself and everyone else. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table.jpg  
    Last edited by gwallace1; 06-28-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Solved Myself

gwallace1 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What I am essentially trying to do is how to join the unique component tables (fabric, webbing, metal hardware, plastic hardware, soft goods) to my junction table which will be tblSupplierProducts which will have an autonumber as the PK. So how do I get a unique FK from the individual component tables, as each of them has a autonumber as the PK and for example each has the # "1" as the autonumber for the first record. Using that as the FK in the tblSupplierComponent tbl will not work as having "1" and "1" would not uniquely identify sy Fbric XX type XXsize and color to any given supplier s it could also be a plastic component with "1" as the first record in the PlasticHardware table. ...What do I do to maintain normalization of the tables to join the component tables and the SupplierComponent table? Another junction table? and if so how? A query? I eventually want to have a form that I click a component category and have a subform show the component inventories for tht category. Then I can edit inventory levels as needed as well as generate PO's, invoices etc. I am pulling my hair out on this one...so any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by gwallace1; 06-27-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: clarified question

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.