naeemdal is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Question Need help regarding an Application (MS-Access)

I am employee of a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) and having 10 field stations in different cities

Whenever a project start in those cities social organizers collect information from the village(effected areas

etc) in hard copy then they provide data to data entry operator and he/she enter data in excel. Now the thing

is that my boss assigned task to develop an online application in MS-Access or something like that so the same

collected information can be add online from the different field stations. Each station will be consisting

different projects so obviously data entry operators will be adding different type of data. for i.e

Beneficiary Name
    father/husband name
    National Identity Card #
    District
    Village/City name
    Vulnerability Widow/disable etc (Probably drop down)
    and blah blah

So whenever a project will be starting i'll add columns in Ms-Access database and then operator from the field

station will be be entering data. Can some one please guide me? i really need help on this regard. If there any way to

make a server at head office instead of buying hosting or web based? any way i just need solution for this type

of work. Please Help

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    One possible way to have data come to the central location is by having your field workers enter data into Excel Spreadsheets with a standard set of columns.
    Then - they can mail the spreadsheets in to someone at the central office to have them copy the spreadsheets to the network.
    Then - the Access Database can import the excel data into Tables and do all the processing from there.

The other option would be to pay for a web site to be hosted - and then have your Database split so that the Data is on the web site - and each operator has a copy of the Front End on a laptop. I know you can do this with Access 2010 [Web Database] . . . but I have never worked with Access 2007.

naeemdal is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeen View Post

The other option would be to pay for a web site to be hosted - and then have your Database split so that the Data is on the web site - and each operator has a copy of the Front End on a laptop. I know you can do this with Access 2010 [Web Database] . . . but I have never worked with Access 2007.
    I want to go with other option and can install access 2000 if you guide me. I ma worry about this assignment Can you please help me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.