Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Errors with Access file for multiple users

So I'm having trouble opening up the tools I am developing in Access for multiple users. I split all my databases so the users will only interface with the "Front End" and I just tried saving one as an ACCDE file. I had the ACCDE file open on my machine and asked another person in the office to try opening it (all our files are stored on a network drive, which is already identified as a trusted source).

She got the following error message:
    "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all code from modules, forms, and reports. You should back up your database before attempting to open the database and delete the VBA project"

I love my VBA code Event Procedures and have no intention of getting rid of them. How do I fix this?

I don't want to publish several Front End Access files since each person in my office will ask me to customize their file and my supervisor wants everyone working off the same file. I thought the point of Access was that multiple users could open the same file and make data modifications. How do I achieve this while retaining all the fun, creative VBA solutions I have developed?

Thanks!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You should have one back end that has the tables. Each user should have a copy of the fornt end on thier machine. Each front end should be linked to the back end db.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before in my earlier post. The use of individual front end db files is not desirable since there will still be considerable amounts of modifications to be made based on user comments and I would rather not have to distribute new copies each time I update a form or report. If this is the only way to go about letting multiple users modify data at the same time then I guess it will have to suffice but I would have thought Access would have other options.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    There are benefits in each user having their own front end. It will reduce network traffic and performance will be better. The most compelling reason though, is that one front end being used by multiple users will, at some time, end in corruption. This could happen today, tomorrow, next week, next year. Do you really want to play Russian Roulette with your data?
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.