Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dandoescode is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

MU File Reference Library

So I'm trying to find the reference library to use MU files, anybody know or have a link?

help_me_with_access is offline help_me_with_excel
    Windows XP Access 2007
    MU files, as in those associated with Corel's spreadsheet program?

if that's what you're looking for, you're probably not going to find it. Corel is ages old by now. Aren't they defunct? there would be absolutely no use in creating libs for those products at this point...

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yeah to be honest I'd never even heard of an MU file but I'm working on simplifying this database and it has code in it XXX AS MUFile. Veery confused right now.

Windows XP Access 2007
    no idea what you're talking about dude...

Windows XP Access 2007
    I have a database, or rather series of databases, from these databases I have been provided with about 10,000 lines of code. I need to find the necessary reference libraries for this code, for 2003, 2007 and 2010 access. I have written a query which grabs everything following "Dim Whatever As". This turns up the type of variables being declared. Once such variable type is MUFile, I am attempting to find the reference library for this var type. I was told that it was not created by one of the database programmers.

Windows XP Access 2007
    well the best you can do is search it, like I said earlier.

are you telling me that someone passed along visual basic coding in the form of freakin table data!? If that's the case, you need to give them a catscan! at the very least, pass along the bas files.

Windows XP Access 2007
    post all the DECLARATION coding you have, and we can probably identify 99% of the libraries just by looking at the decs. but I'm not hopeful that your predecessor was thorough enough to prefix decs with actual lib names. but we'll see if you post it.

Windows XP Access 2007
    This is all I'm workin with man.
    Code:
     Dim myMuFile As MUFile

Windows XP Access 2007
    no, I don't think so. that's not the only declaration you could possibly have. are you saying that's the only declaration that you cannot locate a lib for yourself?

Windows XP Access 2007

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes, as of yet this has been the only declaration that I have been unable to locate a reference for. There are 12,401 such declarations, this is the only one that declares something as MUFile, there is nothing remotely similar. Sorry about that.

Is it just a bad line of code? Maybe my superior was incorrect about people not having created their own types?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dandoescode View Post

Is it just a bad line of code? Maybe my superior was incorrect about people not having created their own types?
    ummmm....do you have any visual basic experience at all? UDF (user-defined types) are available in almost all languages I believe. this is a branch of knowledge that stems from the simple concept of the memory construct in any given development environment.

in vb particular, you can construct memory however you want, really. to say that code is bad is not a valid statement, ever. unless of course the compiler tells you it is. that's the only way to know. the compiler is the boss in any development environment. if all else fails and you don't know, compile code and find out.

it doesn't sound to me like your predecessor was on top of things very well. but just speculating...

but back to original question here, other than those links I gave you, I have no answer. but if you need help with anything else, like getting a vb project going in general don't hesitate to post again.

Windows XP Access 2007
    You are correct. I have ZERO experience with vba. If I had access to the code I would do the simple compile. Unfortunately the code is coming from 35 different databases, some in 2003, some in 2007 and some in 2010, each are stored locally, so compiling the code is not an option. I'm just a lowly intern, with limited access experience, trying to understand WTF is going on with this gordian knot of declarations.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I see...so you tell me, how else can I help you here?

Windows XP Access 2007
    eh well thats about it, thanks for the patience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.