Unhappy Creating a searchable store/employee directory

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to put together a database for my company, and I was hoping I could get some help. (As a forum owner myself I realize how lame it is to ask for help on a first post, but I promise I'll try to help anyone I can in the future!)

I'm pretty good with database design (I've built websites with databases based on php/mysql) but I'm still pretty new to Access, and I don't really know anything about the code that Access uses (is it VBA?).

Basically I've set up an Access database with the following tables:
    - List of employees
    - List of job titles
    - Associative entity allowing employees to have multiple job titles and vice versa
    - List of store locations
    - Associative entity between store locations and employees

And I'd like the database to have two forms:

FORM 1: I'd like to have a search box so I can search for stores by name, and/or by address, and/or by state, etc. I'd like it to display the results in a list, and I'd like to be able to double click any one of the results to open up that store in Form 2. I'd also like to be able to edit any of the stores, or add a new store, within this form.

FORM 2: Usually the form will be opened with a storeID input from Form 1, but I'd also like to be able to type in a storeID to bring up an individual store manually. The form would list the employees of that store, their job titles, etc. I'd like to be able to edit any of the employee results, or add a new employee, with a dropdown menu to select the store at which they are employed.

My main problem is that I'm not really sure how to do any of this. I don't know how to construct the underlying code, and I'm not sure how to manage the associative entities using Access's forms. Plus any time I try to construct a form, it excludes results that have any empty fields.

I was hoping you guys maybe had some tutorials or even an example database that you could point me towards for reference.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    This is a pretty big request considering your initial dialog. Have you attempted to use the Access Wizards to create forms for you yet?

David

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.