JHolliday is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Help with tracking and receiving inventory in multiple locations

Hello Everyone,
    I'm fairly new to access, have searched and searched for how to do what I am needing to do. Im hoping someone can help or point me towards a resource that could help.

Heres what I need:
    The company I work for has inventory at our physical location (our shop) and we also have inventory on trucks. I need to track the inventory in the shop and trucks so that when items get below a certain preset level I can run a report to find out how many of each part I need in each location. Create purchase orders and receive the inventory to whichever location I need it at. I would like to at some point be able to track where the parts are going.

I feel like I am not being descriptive enough but I can not think of another way to explain what I need. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

jwill is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2010 64bit
    Hello Jholiday,

I think you're being descriptive enough about what it is that you want, but you may want to include more info about where you are stuck. Have you started? If you haven't started and you are not sure how to get started I recommend a book like Access 2007/2010 For Dummies (which ever version you have). This is one of my personal favorites because it's an easy read w/ practical application. It helped me build my first major database. They get a little bit into database design (very important) as well as how to use Access. Hope this helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.