rkalapura is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Picture / Vedeo File Attachment

Hai,

I have a database on the project details in our company. Apart form the normal fields, I do have an attachment field in the project table to upload "after" and "before" project pictures and vedeos which has to go along with the project. The scenario is like this: Some projects have many pictures (all JPEG) and some of them have very less in number. Now I am uploading all the photos into the attachment field one by one. But it is taking a lot of space and the database is getting very big in size daily. I did not try to upload vedeo files, but I need to do that too soon. Is it possible to upload vedeo files in to attachment field?

Is there any other method where I can attach all my Picture and Vedeo files to a record through a form? If I create a text field and save the link in it, I will be able to save only one link in one field. Is that right? Can anybody suggest the best way to attach any number of pictures and videos to a project table and access through the form?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If you don't want to bloat the db, don't use Attachment field. Save the files outside the db and store the path and file name in the db in either text fields or hyperlink field.

For display of images in forms/reports, use the ControlSource property of Image control.

Review
    http://allenbrowne.com/func-GoHyperlink.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

rkalapura is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks June for your reply. Sorry I am lost here.

Can you please explain little bit more on this. If I have 50 images and one or two video files in one project, then I should have atleast 52 bound text fields in the table. Is that right or I am telling something wrong? Is it possible to use one text field for all picture/video file path and access individual pictures from the form?
    Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Have a child table for the files path/name info. The project with 50 images/videos would have 50 records in the related table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.