azinik is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Apply the form design changes to other copies of database

Hi,

I'm new to Access and started to work on a 2007 version. There are several copies of the same database on different locations.
    I've made small changes to some forms (for example add an item to a combo box) on my copy and now I don't know how to export these changes and send to other admins that are working with other copies.
    currently I created and empty access database and exported the form that I changed. then when I import it in a sample copy of the database, since the form already exists, it creates a new copy of the form and won't overwrite the existing one. so I have to rename it. is it the right way to apply changes to other databases?

I really appreciate if you help me.

Thanks,

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    These are all-in-one dbs (not split into backend and frontend)? The only way to get the mods into each is to import the changed objects. Yes, will have to delete the old and rename the new.

Review http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Imp...-t1809526.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

azinik is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply, yes they are in one db and are not split to front and backend.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Which is one reason why even Access apps designed to be used as stand-alones, where each user will only have and use his/her own Data/Tables, should be split into a Front End/Back End Configuration.

The other reason (so believe a lot of experienced Access developers) is that if the app should become terminally-corrupted, you don't run the risk of losing your Data.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.