54.69.6d.20 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Average Time

Thanks for your help.. Been on other forms and nobody's able to answer. I'm trying to figure out a way to get an average of a tool in each department (how long was it in that department before it moved to another). When a tool gets put in the system, It's got a date/time with a lineitemID and LineTo for that department (let's say "awaiting cal"). When that parts done. It will go to another department (Awaiting QA) which creates another line with the
    same LineID but different date/time and department. Which that last department is Complete. In the in 2.png
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	8041, you'll see lines with the LineItemID but and different date/time. I had created a query for each of the three departments, because it's all in one table. Then created another queryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	8042 to look at the line itemid and show all three dates/times in that department. This way I can control the information needed for an average. Now that I have that working. I need to find an average days in status’ for a week and month, and rolling 90- day avg:

1. avg days/hrs for all line items for the time period in the lab ( awaiting cal) week / month

2. avg days/hrs in awaiting QA

3. rolling 90 avg of time in lab

Windows XP Access 2003
    Seems that every form I go to cannot answer this question, NOR put me in the right direction. Interesting....

R_Badger is offline Knows a few tricks
    Windows XP Access 2003
    To be honest I have had a look and tried to re-read you post twice, and I found it more than a little confusing.

It doesn't help that your data doesn't really look normalised to me.

Also you used the time 'line items' is this a special category?

For what you are trying to do your best bet might be to upload a copy of what you have (stripping out any confidential data) and let everyone have a look if you are that desperate.

Bear in mind we all post on forums out of the goodness of their hearts!
    We don't get paid so generally people only tend to respond if they have an idea or are interested, and almost invariably having the time to write a response matters!

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by 54.69.6d.20 View Post
    Seems that every form I go to cannot answer this question, NOR put me in the right direction. Interesting....
    Perhaps if you tried going to Forums, instead of Forms, as you've repeatedly said, you'd have better luck!

Seriously, I suspect that the Badger has hit the nail on the head, here, and the lack of responses, both here and elsewhere, is due to the fact that no one can make heads or tails out of your explanation! You have to understand that we have little, if any, direct knowledge of your business/industry. We're totally dependent on you to provide us with the pertinent details in a clear, easily understood, fashion.

BTW, I read your post three times and finally gave up trying to understand your goal.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Windows XP Access 2003
    I've explained this over and over, different ways and still seems that people are not understanding, beside a couple people that didn't know the answer; However, at least put me in the right direction. Seems people with "Experience", not experience in the word "Forum", was able to understand. The second post was more of a frustration and was really not intended for anyone to answer. Anyone would get this way after ton's of posts and really no leads. BUT.. I was able to figure it out.

Sometimes to answer a question. Questions must be asked! (Quoted by Me)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.