ANTHROPOIDLUVA is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

How to Create Google-like Search field on Form / Prepopulate LOGIN Screen text fields

I am interested in creating a search field on my form similar to the one Google is well known for. I don't want the carrot (like the one combo box) to appear on such a field. But as the user enters information, the field will begin to auto-populate. Once the user finds the item their searching for, they would be able to click a button, or even hit the return key, and go directly to the associated record.

One other item I would like to do involves my login screen. There exists two unbound text fields, UserId and Pwd. I would like for the fields to display "UserID" and "PWD" upon load and once User begins to type in either field, the "UserID" and "PWD" disappears. This would allow me to do away with the labels associated with the fields.

Any help with these items would be greatly appreciated.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    1. What do you mean by 'carrot (like the one combo box)'? The AutoExpand property of combobox will auto-populate. Will need VBA code to 'go to' associated record. Options are: set form Filter property, set form RecordSource property, RecordsetClone and bookmarks.

2. Set DefaultValue property. Then in textbox GotFocus event VBA procedure, use code like: Me.textboxname.SelLength = Len(Me.textboxname)
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

JeroenMioch is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    Maybe he means Allen Browne's "find as u type"

http://allenbrowne.com/appfindasutype.html

ANTHROPOIDLUVA is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    June 7,

I do not want to see the down carrot on the combo box (preferably not use a combox at all) . I am looking to have a search field feature like the one on the accessforums website (see feature: scroll up, top right of webpage: textbox with the magnifying glass)

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I think the Allen Browne procedure suggested by JeroenMioch is probably the best you can get.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.