tramantana is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Unhappy font type doesn't change

hello,
    I have a access-database with a random code generator in it. I wanted to put the code in a barcode font, and everytime when I select it when I open my database it works. But when I close my Access and then reopen my database, the font is a normal font and not a barcode font. When I change the font then again it works.

Someone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What is the font name?

Want to provide project for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

the font name is: IDAutomationHC39M

The project itself is in dutch so you won't understand much. But if you want I can still upload it tomorrow.

June7 is offline VIP
    I have worked with some non-English projects and usually understand enough to analyse. Might need translations of some names.

That font is not in the Access font set so can't test anyway. Must be third party add-in.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Here you have the database. I have also put the font type in de zip-file.werkblad2 - kopie (2).zip

June7 is offline VIP
    Cannot replicate the issue. I installed the font to Windows. Set the form textbox FontName property. The bar code shows. Close/reopen project and bar code still shows. Did not even have to set the report textbox, font was already set.
    Last edited by June7; 05-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.

maybe that is the problem. I haven't set the form font. But I tried it on other pc's and they gave the same issue

June7 is offline VIP
    I did not set a font for the form (form does not have such a property), I set FontName property of textbox.

I assume you installed the font to Windows operating system? Otherwise, I don't think Access could recognize it.

Something odd happened when I just opened the project. The bar code showed on the form but not on the report. Had to first open the report in design view, close, then open in layout or print preview and then the bar code showed on report. In my first test, I must have opened the report in design before viewing in layout/print preview and so did not see that behavior earlier. I have no idea why this is happening.

In the beginning it worked for me as well but after a few times opening it showed the issue.

And I know you don't have a form font but I meant the textbox font in the form

June7 is offline VIP
    I just tried a different barcode font and get the same issue. Have to open the report in design view one time after opening the project then the barcode displays every time afterwards.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.