dualvba is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Selecting items and automating actions

Hi

I have a report, which shows all unsold items for a particular auction date, and I have created a form using this report.

I'd like my sister in law, to be able to go through and easily select which items to relist, and which to return.

I've tried using a subform, but I've either not done it correctly, or its not quite the right tool for the job. I've tried listbox control but can't get it to work properly either.

Once she has gone through the list ticking one or the other, I'd like to be able to automate with a button "Relist" and a button "ReturnItem".

I'd like Items to be returned - to automitcally close item off so it no longer incurrs a weekly listing fee and change status to "ReturnToSeller" and the relist ones, to create a new entry line into the main item table, with replicated information, except it clears out the "lot number", as they enter that manually when the generate a new list for the next auction, my ID numbers remain current and unchanged but the tableID is automated to a new one which is my key number.

then on my invoice, I get for instance, 3 rows for one Item, which could have 3 different lot and ID numbers, and get a listing fee of £1.20 for each week you see.

How can I automate the actions to relist and Return to Seller?

If there is a better way, more correct way to do this, am more than happy to change it at this stage in developing the database for them.

I have dabbled in VBA, I've been on a beginners course.

I hope that makes sense

Thanks so much
    Clair

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    I'd like Items to be returned - to automitcally close item off so it no longer incurrs a weekly listing fee and change status to "ReturnToSeller"
    What constitutes "close item off so it no longer incurrs a weekly listing fee"? How do you do it?

<snip>...the relist ones, to create a new entry line into the main item table, with replicated information, except it clears out the "lot number"
    Do you need to keep the current record? You could just erase the lot number... If you do need a new record (minus the lot number), you could use VBA or an insert query to create the new records.

Would you provide the databse?

(To provide db: Make copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip if large - 2mb allowed, attach to post. Attachment Manager is below the Advanced post editor window. Note: copied from June7's sig)

dualvba is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    Hi Steve

Thank you, but the database is too big even after winzipping, I will try and reduce the main items table down and try again.

At present, they are manually over writing each item in the main items table, each week, but then have problems producing accurate invoices as it doesn't show the right number of weeks its been listed, so doesn't show all the listing fee's.

I'm not sure how to flag the items to be returned, unless I leave them as just that, as long as I know what to add into my report for running report of items to be relisted.

I just want to make it as clean and straight forward for them as possible, yes I think perhaps an insert query would work, to add relisted items back into the table for the coming weeks auction.

I'll try and shrink the database and get back to you.

Thanks
    Clair

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    So that is what. Not the How. What are the steps to know how to re-list an item.
    What are the steps to return an item?

At present, they are manually over writing each item in the main items table, each week, but then have problems producing accurate invoices as it doesn't show the right number of weeks its been listed, so doesn't show all the listing fee's.
    So it sounds like you need to have a "history". Have to add a new record rather than re-use the current record.

I'm not sure how to flag the items to be returned, unless I leave them as just that, as long as I know what to add into my report for running report of items to be relisted.
    Is there a status field for each record/item/lot? Something like "Sold", Re-list", "Return"? Or check boxes? (not as good)

I just want to make it as clean and straight forward for them as possible, yes I think perhaps an insert query would work, to add relisted items back into the table for the coming weeks auction.
    You say "Them". Is this a muti-user db? Is it split into a FE/BE?
    Will more than one person be doing the re-listing at the same time?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.