Hi All,

First and foremost, thank you for all the help thus far. I'm new to posting, but have been using the forum as a resource the past few days as I begin to re-familiarize myself with Access. That said, on to my question...

I’ve been assigned the task of designing a consultant database for my company. We currently pay for an online service, but it's expensive and we don't use all the features it provides anyway. Ideally, I'd like to see if I can replicate the service and features that we do use in the form of a Microsoft Access Database and save our company a little money.

Currently our pay service works in the following way: Each of our consultants has their own individual file with contact information as well as a listing of Word Documents that have been uploaded and attached to their file (a resume, biodata, cover letter). When I am looking to fill a particular position, I simply type in a combination of key words (not in any particular order, it doesn’t seem to matter) into a search-bar at the top of the page. The database then combs my data and the full-text of all attached documents before displaying the names of individuals who had documents that contained all of my search-terms.

Thus far, I’ve been able to use a table with consultant information to produce an organized form that shows the contact info for each individual consultant. I also figured out a way to attach Word documents to a consultant’s file (using the individual’s form). My question is…is it possible to search the contents of a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) within a database using Microsoft Access 2007, and if so, how?

If you know of a template or other example out there, I would love to take a look. Any help is greatly appreciated!