Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    eskybel is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I thought of just that solution last night also. I created a separate form after the transaction completion. When the second form pops up, it has a text box that displays the TransID that has been passed from the TransMenu form. At this point, I can click the "Print Receipt" button, and it opens the report, with the condition. Before I click the button, I check my tables, and verify that all the transaction data is accounted for. I hit the button, and it still errors out.

Odd thing...I go and run the query all by itself, without any interaction specific to the TransID, and I get nothing...Ran the report alone...nothing.

I rename the query, and make a copy of another query that is just like it (only it has a criteria "Like [TransID]", used for doing reprints of receipts, etc), remove the criteria, rename it to the original query, and run it, and it comes out with all transactions, all details. I add the condition in, run the form with the passed TransID, and print button, and it prints the receipt normally. Apparently there was something wrong with the original query somewhere along the line...I know it worked just yesterday because I could populate a receipt with all transactions info.

At any rate, four tested transactions, getting the receipts. Win! Thanks for all the help!

Here's a question. Is there a way to make my secondary form open, and keep focus until I either click "print" or "close"? What I mean is...can I make so when this form loads, I cannot click anything (such as other background forms, buttons, etc) but "print" or "close" buttons on that form?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    It sounds like you need to set that secondary form as a modal dialog box. This site has a little more info on dialog boxex

Ok, the system works pretty well so far!
    The next project is trying to conceptualize how I will get an inventory management system to work. I implemented one that allows me to add to inventory, and ringing up removes from inventory, but the issue is this:

If I bring in inventory of an item, say one part, at $10. The system's current pricing says I have one at $10. Then if I buy that item again, only the cost went up to $15, now my system says I have two at $15, or $30 in inventory, when I only spent $25. From a cost tracking standpoint, this is inaccurate. Then, I need to find a way to get the system to consume the oldest items first, I suppose, so when I ring up items for sale, it will take the older first.

I'd like to find out what most businesses do to handle this. I'm thinking the cost (addition of inventory) information would be held in a different table, so calcs and reports could be generated to find your changing costs, but the quantities (and any updated info about the product) will update the tblItemInfo table for the system to access for ringing.

Thoughts?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    You will need to check into discussions related to FIFO (First In First Out) inventory. I found a few threads on this and another Access forum that might help

Thread 1

Thread 2

You may also want to check out Allen Browne's site if you haven't already done so.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.