dhicks19 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Append query creating duplicates

Hi there, I have a table called tblplan - it contains checks that need to be repeated and create a works order from them, every monday the date is updated on some of the checks in tblplan depending on the frequency set in another table but some of the dates remain unchanged and will be the same as the last time it ran. It appends the data to tblpanwo, this is where the users can edit the data, sign it off etc etc.

My issue is that for the checks with the date that remains unchanged as last time it ran in tblplan, it will be appended again to tblplanwo, it will be exactly the same check for exactly the same data, just different works order id as this is autonumber field.

In tblplan the primary keys are works order id, works order date,asset number, and task code.

The works order date,asset number and task code is appended from the tblplan to tblplanwo - why is it appending them twice if the primary keys are already there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Heres my database to get an idea - if you look at frmmondayloop, all the queries are in there that operate the tblplan scheduling
    New PPM (2).zip

thanks

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    <snip>... just different works order id as this is autonumber field.
    FYI, using an autonumber field as a WO number is a bad idea. IMO, this should be fixed first...
    See http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0025.htm
    Also, see #7 at http://access.mvps.org/access/tencommandments.htm

Since I don't have A2K7, I can't open your database, so I can't comment on the reason for the duplication.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.