dogosmond is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Tabbed Form versus Form with Subforms

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Access. I'm trying to build a simple database using 4 or 5 tables. I created a table with Company information (name, address, phone), another table with Contact Info (person who works for Company, title, department), then another table Contact Details (how I contacted them...ie., phone, e-mail, etc) and the date I contacted them. The Contact Info table is a junction table for the other two. Now here's the problem.

I created a form and put in company info. It autofilled with all the company names and addresses from the table, great! I made a sub form with Contact info and it connects the person in the company to the company, great! I added another subform to the original form to track the dates I emailed or phoned that contact. Works well and a query actually produces all the history I want. The problem is that the form with all those subforms is UGLY and not user friendly and I'm afraid end users will not be able to maneuver around and get the right info in the right place. Hence, I figured a tabbed form would be nicer. So I recreated a tabbed form. Here's the problem.

The first page of the tabbed form autofilled with all the records from the Company Info table. Great! Page two was created and when I introduced those fields into the form, page on went blank. No companies, no info, no nothing! I figured it was because there were no entries in the Contact table, but why did form one work (the form with the subforms) when form two (tabbed form) completely fail?

I'm banging my head against the wall and I have noone to consult. Noone knows Access any better than I do and our IT department does not support Access, only because nobody knows how to build a database!

Any help I can get from this forum would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Dawn
    Maine

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You are using the Tab control? Still need form/subform arrangement. Place subforms on each page of the Tab control.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.