gm1185 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Creating a pop-up that asks user if they are sure they want to delete data info.

I need help with my database for mission trips. Basically, as of now all participants have a profile which can be deleted using a delete button i created on a form. When I delete a trip-participant however, it wont ask me if I'm sure i want to do this. Since I will have interns regularly using this, I want to keep them from accidentally deleting info but still give them access if they need to. I thought a query would be the way to do this because if i delete a Trip-participant from the DB, I want it to delete all their personal info and other financial info as well. Can I do this using the delete button I currently have on the form or not? Thanks so much.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    For the pop-up form, create a small form with whatever text you want to tell them "Press enter to delete all info on XXXX". Have two buttons on the form: "DELETE" and "CANCEL". The code behind the DELETE button would delete the currently selected participant. (I would make the form modal, also)

The first delete button (your current button) would have code that opens the popup form. Then, the pop-up has two buttons....

if i delete a Trip-participant from the DB, I want it to delete all their personal info and other financial info as well.
    This depends on your table structure. If you have multiple tables with referential integrity, you can set up cascading deletes. With cascading deletes, depending on your schema, deleting a Trip-participant will delete all their data.

gm1185 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thank You! That is what I needed to know.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.