mmart33 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Form to bed availability in hospital with layout as image in background

Hello all,

I have been working on a hospital database and have already received help on a previous thread: https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...-form?p=116720

Here is my next obstacle. I have a table that has hospital beds and each bed is a primary key. I can update the information with ease. One of the fields in the beds table is a YES/No labeled Available. When this is set to NO, that means the there is no patient the bed and the bed is available. When it is clicked, that means the bed is unavailable.

I have a hospital bed layout diagram that is the actual floor diagram and bed locations. I have embedded this image in the background of a new form. What I would like is for this form to show each bed as available (make the bed green) and unavailable (make bed grey). Is this possible? The "bed" can be a rectangle, not an actual bed, just something to be placed at the specific bed location.

THANKS again!

wouterv81 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    How about create a button for each bed.
    You can create some VBA code that changes the colour of the button upon clicking it...

mmart33 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    That's what I was thinking, but how do I associate each record (primary key of bed) as a specific button?

TG_W is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    It will be time consuming, but you could use the same code I used in the Doctors table to change the color to assign each button to each bed. It should be easy after the first bed code is completed because you can just copy and paste the code and change the bed number.
    Or, you can tie it to the patient table and form where you assign a doctor to a patient. The form with the map could pop up color-coded as defined in the patient table, which should probably be changed to the bed table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.