Hi,

Its been many years since I have used Access in anger. I have been working as a MS SQL database developer for the past seven years so the Access way of doing things is a bit alien.I have recently taken on some charity work that i am doing in my free time. It is a order tracking database that has a SQL 2005 express backend with an Access 2010 front end.

One of the forms in the Access front end is a Pivot table that is based on a database view. In the PivotTable Tools menu there is the option to "Export to Excel". This should export the whole pivot table and data connections into an excel worksheet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExportToExcel.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	7096

Current whent he button is press, Excel opens but produces an error ssaying "Problems came up in the following areas during load: PivotTable." It also say that an error log has been generated and give a location but that location does not exist and neither does the log.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExcelError.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	7097

I have mangaed to trace this problem down to the just of INNER JOINS in the view. When i alter the database view to select directlly from a single table i can export the Pivot table without issue but when i put the joins back in i get the same error. I have even tried create a view that selects its results set from the origional view (This means that the view that access refs does not contain any joins) but i still get the same error.

I have had a look around the site and the internet but i cannot seem to find anything that would indicate that this was a bug or a known limitation. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a way to get it working?

Thanks

Steve