011billyw is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Access is too slow when using in different computers.

I have a access backend...(636,684 kb). This file is in the network and has 4 different front ends(Contacts, Proposal, Project, SOQ). THe way it works is that the person using it pastes it in the computer and work from it(no more than 4 people use it, and max 2 opening their own back end with the same name(ei, Proposal, is being used by 2 people).
    The problem is that when i try to open any front end while someone else is using it, i have to wait a lot longer(it opens automatically but after "Enabling Content") to open the Main form. The thing is that sometimes it doesn't need to load more that 10 sec, but it can take more.( i had to wait 5 min max), All of this happens when other person has any front end Open.

I tried:

Repair and Compact,

I dont know what else to try, help pls!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    THe way it works is that the person using it pastes it in the computer and work from it
    I don't understand what this means. What does the user paste?
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    I don't understand what this means. What does the user paste?
    I agree with Bob - your post is very unclear.
    This
    max 2 opening their own back end with the same name(ei, Proposal, is being used by 2 people).
    The problem is that when i try to open any front end while someone else is using it, i have to wait a lot longer(it opens automatically but after "Enabling Content") to open the Main form
    is extremely confusing.

What do you mean their own back end? There should be one back end in a split database.

and when i try to open any front end while someone else is using it, Every user should have their own copy of the Frontend.

scoobz1234 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    ok so maybe this will help clear this guys question up, i have a similar issue. I have a back end on a sharepoint, and each person up to 20 people on 20 different computers have their own front end...at any point in time there can be 2-10 people using the front ends at the same time, BUT for some reason, even when its just me in my Front end and when the users are in their Front ends the DB is running very slow.

P.S. at home i use Access 2010 but at work where i built my database i use 2007, my database includes 15 tables, 4 querys to include two union querys, 20 forms, and about 60 reports, the main database has around 350 records and the other tables are a split from the main database.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.