gene_yuss is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Exclamation Requesting a little coding help and form guidance. Pretty please.

First, thanks for reading my post in advance.

I have attached a stripped out version of my database. I am looking for a little help doing two things, am frustrated, and will allow you to beat me up if you must. This database was cobbled together by someone else over the course of 10 years and contains all sorts of useless stuff. He just stuck his keys through the mail slot and left on a Saturday.

1. I need to create a form from the Invoices Table, and Orders Table, that will...
    A: allow the user to specify a customer using a parameter query to show all Shipped and Unbilled Orders. This in itself is not hard but I am a little unsure of myself, see the query "Orders "Not Billed" for Customer Sort"
    B: Create a New invoice record, and either automatically or through checking off records, add the new invoice number to the orders table for each invoice and add all the order numbers to the 'Invoice Notes' text field.

2. on the form 'NEW Modify {Add to} invoice table (form)' I need to add a field that has the customers pricing information (Pricing information table) based off of the Format from the order and then calculates the correct amount based off of the quantity.

Help me community I am a little overwhelmed and nervous.
    Let me know if I can clarify anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Regarding query [Orders "Not Billed" For Customer Sort]. You should change the jointypes of the links between tables. They are all INNER and should be RIGHT joins. Run query before and after changing this and see what happens.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

gene_yuss is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Thanks, how?

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Regarding query [Orders "Not Billed" For Customer Sort]. You should change the jointypes of the links between tables. They are all INNER and should be RIGHT joins. Run query before and after changing this and see what happens.
    Forgive my ignorance, how do I change the join type of a query? I can just barely wrap my head around what the different types of joins do. I have been up for days working on this and appreciate the advice and all your hard work on AccessForums. Your helping others has helped me a TON!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Query in design view, double click the line linking the key fields to open dialog, set properties.

This can also be done in the Relationships builder so that when new query is created it will use the settings from the Relationship.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.