cgolds is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Problem Using Two Versions

We have been using Access 2000 for many years. The new IT guy installed Office 2010 on our workstations, but left Access 2000 in order to be able to open our 2000 databases. A couple of things:

1. Would there be a problem doing away with Access 2000 and using only Access 2010 with our 2000 databases?

2. One of our users cannot open certain reports from a particular Access 2000 database (using Access 2000). He can open some of the reports within the database, some he can't. He gets the following message with those he can't open:

"The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events."

Others can open the same database (again, using 2000) and open all of the reports.

I am not an IT person, just a user. Any ideas - in non-technical language, please?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by cgolds; 03-20-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: To clarify sentence.

raulapa is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Hi all,
    I am more or less in the same boat as cgolds. Even though my problem seems similar to cgolds'one, I do not want to steer the thread away from the original question.
    If it applies, here it goes:
    Access tables were created with the 2003 version. Now the organization has upgraded to 2010. Whenever I try to run queries and locally design reports, the system becomes painfully slow.
    We've been told to "save" our files to the new format but, that doesn't seem to be the right way. Others say the should be "imported" into the new format.
    This solved the issue for a short period of time. Slowness came back.
    Is my problem related to the original one posted by cgolds?
    Thanks in advance.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    raulapa, Not sure. Do you have both versions of software installed or did you remove 2003?

cgolds appears to have both versions of the software installed.
    1. Some things might not work right under 2010. Import the old structure to a new accdb and test.
    2. Don't know what would could cause this. Maybe user's 2000 version needs reinstall or some service pack run.
    Last edited by June7; 03-22-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

raulapa is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thank for the prompt response, June7
    No, I don't have both versions installed. Our organization upgraded to Windows 7 (from Windows XP) and to Office 2010 from Office 2003.
    I have also been told that "some things" might not work right under 2010. Can't pinpoint specifics, though.
    Import has already been done.
    PC has 4 Mb of RAM. Plenty of HD. A full cleanup has been done. DB files are on a shared drive ... would that have anything to do with it?
    I'm told nobody else was using (locking) the DB files when I was trying to run a query.

Thanks again, we'll keep on trying...
    Raul

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is the db a split design? Do users run their own copy of frontend installed on their workstation?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.