rich is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

RunSavedImportExport

I'm trying to create a macro that imports Excel data into a table so that I can create a switchboard button.

I created my import successfully and saved the steps. It works fine and the import shows in the Saved Imports list (External Data > Saved Imports)

When I create the macro, I am trying to use the RunSavedImportExport action, but the import does not appear in the dropdown list of Import Export Names available to use. In fact, there is nothing in the dropdown list. I've tried closing the database and re-opening... nothing.

If it makes a difference, this is a split database.

Any idea why the saved import wouldn't be in the list?

aguison is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

RunSavedImportExport

I've encountered this issue as well.

I'm using Access 2007 and found that the problem was resolved if you name your saved Import using normal database naming standards, i.e., Import_My_Table_Name. The problem I had was Access by default was naming the imports "Import-Table Name" and I think it doesn't like dashes or special characters.

dsmalley is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Thumbs up

I banged my head on the wall for a couple of hours with this too. I had an import that was not showing up and renamed it several ways to no avail. I tried compacting/repairing the DB and various other things.

Happily - RESOLUTION for me - I added a brand new import just to see if it would appear and lo and behold it and my original import both showed up.

Sounds like a bug of some sort with the internal system tables or something.

Cmitchell is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I can't even find the RunSavedImportExport action item when I am trying to create this macro. Where do I find it?

SealM is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    This is not a common command in the macro builder. On the ribbon bar, you have to hit the "show all actions" button, then you will be able to see this command. Thanks do dsmally and rich for this thread, I found my solution here from you all!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.