RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Graph Formatting in Access 2010 Report

I have an Access 2010 Database for a Medical Group. CMS has put out certain Requirements for Hedis Measurements that is a star Rating. I am trying to generate a Report that includes a graph for specific Hedis Measures that shows the Percentage of Compliance to the specific Measure. Example:Breast Cancer Screening 0% to

June7 is offline VIP
    Did you finish that post, looks like last statement incomplete. Provide some source data and example of the output you want and will analyse.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    It was there when I typed it. Any way The Graph needs to show a the percentage of compliance for each measure. The orientation of the graph is left to right. At specific percentages there should be a top to bottom line labeled 3 Stars @ 69%, 4 stars @ 74%, and 5 Stars @ 82% So say the measure is at 75% the graph will show a bar from 0 to 75% and end slightly to the right of the 4 Star line. My graph shows the measure and the percentage perfectly where I'm having an issue is putting in the lines for 3,4 and 5 Stars

June7 is offline VIP
    Sounds like something I had to deal with. I needed vertical lines at fixed x points on graph (the axis range never changes). In Excel each line would be a separate series on the same graph. Access graphing doesn't seem to have that capability. Only solution I could come up with was to manually place line controls on top of the graph.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    That's kind of what I figured. Anybody know of any 3rd Party Graphing tools for Access 2010? I have one other option I'm giving to my boss today based on what he wants. I'd like to have both options to give him. Thanks.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Got it working yesterday. Without going the 3rd Party Tools. Boss liked it.

June7 is offline VIP
    What was your solution?

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Instead of putting in a line for the 4 Star Score and 5 Star score I added them to the Series to each Graph has 3 Bars. 1 for the PCP's actual Score. 1 for the score necessary for 4 stars and 1 for the score necessary for 5 stars.

June7 is offline VIP
    Sorry to bug you, but trying to understand if this would be applicable to my situation. What was your mechanism for 'adding' the scores to the series?

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    I have a lookup table called tbl_Stars it has all of the fields that define the possible stars measurements: measurecode, submeasurecode, starlevel, lowscore, highscore. I created the following VBA Function in a module.
    Code:
    Public Function Starslevels(ByRef msr As String, Level As Long) As Double
    Dim strsql As String, rs As New ADODB.Recordset 
    strsql = "Select low From tbl_stars Where submeasure = """ & msr & """ and stars = " & Level 
    rs.Open strsql, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly 
    If Not rs.EOF Then Starslevels = rs!Low / 100 Else Starslevels = 0 
    rs.Close 
    Set rs = Nothing
    End Function
    In the query I have 2 columns that call that function with the 2 parameters. First one is whatever submeasurecode I'm processing and the second either a 4 or a 5 depending on which level it is. The Graph has 3 horizonal bars. The top bar is the PCP's actual score, second bar is the low for level 4 and the third bar is the low for level 5 so the PCP's can see with a quick glance where they are in respect to those 2 levels for each measure.
    Last edited by June7; 03-16-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Mod Edit: Include code tags

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Ok didn't use the right codes there that is hard to read. Anybody know of a reference I can get so I get these messages formatted right?

June7 is offline VIP
    Check out the Advanced post editor. It has a lot of tools to format posts, including a table wizard and code tag. The forum FAQs also have some guidelines. I modified your post to show result of code tags.

Nope, not applicable to my circumstances. Thanks for detail though.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Anytime. Thanks for the edit on my post it looks a lot more presentable now. Im in the Advanced editor now I see a lot of smilies but that's about it. I do notice that at the bottom it has following:BBCode is on Smilies is on IMGCode is on VideoCode is on HTML is off Unfortunately I don't see anything else that gives me anykind of list of what codes I can use and what there for? Are they HTML I do have access to a book on HTML but I've never opened it.

June7 is offline VIP
    There isn't a list. Do you see three tool bars at the top of the Advanced post editor window? Hover over each button to see popup tips. Some buttons will insert HTML code tags.

Edit your post and you will see the code tags.

Once you learn the tags can even type them in the standard post editer.

Click the FAQ button on the task bar above first post. More info threads in the Forum Support forum.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.