drow is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

List Criteria

Hello All,

As I went to create this post I realized that it may look like I am coming to this forum for every little issue - not the case! I am really earning the novice title however.

Anyways, just a quick question regarding a type of criteria for access. Often I have to print a significant number of reports from an access database I use, and I have implemented the Between ... And criteria for a user prompted range of values. This works great if the desired records are all in that range. However, is it possible to have a dialogue box appear (similar to the Between And criteria) that prompts the user for a comma seperated list of records they desired, similar to the functionality for printing? Is there a criteria for this? I didn't see anything specific to this in the help file or many different google searches as the only related topics all seemed to implement other controls that would feed into the query such as a list/combo box. However, I would prefer not to do this as there is thousands of records.

Mucho Gracias

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You want users to type a long, comma separated string in a text box? I would not trust users to enter list correctly. After the user finishes entering the values, code would have to parse them out as distinct criteria. If they forget a comma it all goes kabboom. Sounds like path to insanity for both programmer and user.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.