wilsoa is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Query Date Range Based on Calculated Fields

I currently have a Query that calculates out a date based on a field in my primary table. I want to have another field query on that one to bring in dates from other fields in my primary table. Here is what I have so far:

AnnualCalc: IIf([LastAnnualDate]>=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1) And [LastAnnualDate]<DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1),[AnnualValue],"")

The LastAnnualDate is calculated on the AdmissionDate, and the AnnualValue returns the calculations from text back to date form. What I would like to have happen is to have the AnnualCalc pull dates from LastAnnualDate between 10 and 14 months prior to the current month. If there is a date that falls between the 10 and 14 months prior, then I want the AnnualValue to show, otherwise, nothing. Ideally, I would like to have the same parameters for another field, N_Annual.

Thanks in advance.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Try DateAdd function:

IIf([LastAnnualDate] BETWEEN DateAdd("m",-14,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) AND DateAdd("m",-10,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1)),[AnnualValue],"")
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

wilsoa is offline Novice

Almost there...

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Try DateAdd function:

IIf([LastAnnualDate] BETWEEN DateAdd("m",-14,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) AND DateAdd("m",-10,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1)),[AnnualValue],"")

I tried the DateAdd function, and it worked beautifully! Thank you. However, I need to add the same function, but have an OR in there. Somthing like:

(IIf([LastAnnualDate] BETWEEN DateAdd("m",-14,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) AND DateAdd("m",-10,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1)),[AnnualValue],"")) OR (IIf([N_Annual] BETWEEN DateAdd("m",-14,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) AND DateAdd("m",-10,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1)),[AnnualValue],""))

When I put the above in, I get the result of -1 ...

After looking at another query of mine, I revised the above and came up with this:

IIf([LastAnnualDate] BETWEEN DateAdd("m",-14,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) AND DateAdd("m",-10,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1)),[AnnualValue],IIf([N_Annual] BETWEEN DateAdd("m",-14,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) AND DateAdd("m",-10,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,1)),[AnnualValue],""))

However, this particular function returns the same dates needed as the first function (posted by June7), but I get an #Error for all others. I separated out both IIf functions and ran them separately and they worked as needed, but I would like to nest them together.

Update
    I was looking over the calculated fields I have, and went another way by basing the function off a different calc field instead of [LastAnnualDate]. That worked good, but when I convert the calc field with the IIf function, I get the #Error for records that are left blank. If anyone has a solution for me on this, that would be helpful. For the time being, I have replaced the "" in the IIf function with having it return "1/1/1900", which is far before any date I will request. :-)

June7 is online now VIP
    Could try Null instead of the "" or 1/1/1900.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

wilsoa is offline Novice

Changes...

Could try Null instead of the "" or 1/1/1900.
    I have been working with my query some more, and I almost have what I need. Here is what I am struggling with:

AnnualCalc:
    IIf(
    [AnnualDue]<(Date())
    And
    [N_Annual] Between DateAdd("m",-2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) And DateAdd("m",+2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date( ))+1,1))
    And
    [LastAnnualDate] Between DateAdd("m",-2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) And DateAdd("m",+2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date( ))+1,1)))
    ,DateAdd("yyyy",1,[AnnualDue]),[AnnualDue])

I am able to get the last two conditions to work perfectly, and return what I want for the AnnualCalc. However, I can't seem to include the first condition. What I would like to have happen is when the last two conditions are met, AND if the first is true [AnnualDue]<(Date()), then I want it to perform the DateAdd portion to the query, otherwise return AnnualDue.

For example:
    Annual Due: 1/3/12
    N_Annual: 1/2/12
    LastAnnualDate: 1/1/12
    Date(): 3/8/12
    Annual Calc: (Should return) 1/3/13

Currently, the Annual Calc is returning: 1/3/12

June7 is online now VIP
    Looks like an extra paren to me, marked in red:

AnnualCalc:
    IIf(
    [AnnualDue]<(Date())
    And
    [N_Annual] Between DateAdd("m",-2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) And DateAdd("m",+2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date( ))+1,1))
    And
    [LastAnnualDate] Between DateAdd("m",-2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) And DateAdd("m",+2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date( ))+1,1))
    )
    , DateAdd("yyyy",1,[AnnualDue]), [AnnualDue])

wilsoa is offline Novice

Sweet!

Looks like an extra paren to me, marked in red:

AnnualCalc:
    IIf(
    [AnnualDue]<(Date())
    And
    And
    [LastAnnualDate] Between DateAdd("m",-2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)) And DateAdd("m",+2,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date( ))+1,1))
    )
    , DateAdd("yyyy",1,[AnnualDue]), [AnnualDue])

June,

Thank you for your eyes! I was racking my brain trying to get it to work, and became cross-eyed. :-)

I also changed the DateAdd's to -4 to include more months for "Past due" annuals. Everything is working like it should!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.