Hello,

I have a main form where I enter the client number and then the matter number (the matter number is specific to the client number).

I then want to have a button that will say "create notes" and it will open another form to create the notes (will create a record for the notes for that client and matter). How do I get the client number and matter number to populate the fields on the subform called "client number" and "matter number"?

My notes table is the control source of the subform to create notes so if I change the client# field or the matter # field's control source using an expression to say "use the client number and matter number from the main form", then it won't populate the notes table.

On a side note, there will be more than one button on the main form in which I will create a different kind of record (i.e., payment agreement, discount agreement, add a contact, etc.) for the client number and matter number listed in the main form so there will be more forms where I will need to use the same function to get the new record to add using the client number and matter number listed in the main form.

Thanks for any advice!!