mrswarrick is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Report export to Excel with format

I have a beautiful report and when printed straight from access it has nice gridlines and even gridlines null fields (which I want). However when I export to excel all the fancy gridlines and bold fonts are lost. Is there a way I can get it to export to excel what I can print in access? I would like to be able to export to excel to add some extra rows before printing but not have to do all the formatting.

I've tried printing to word, same problem as excel. Tried printing a pdf and it looks exactly the same but I can't edit it to add the extra blank rows.
    Thanks
    Lacey

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I was going to suggest pdf, because I ran into the same issue with the reports I do here at work. Pdf is the only way I can keep formatting.
    About your blank lines - just off the top of my head, without knowing any details about your database - I might try adding a few rows of data to the Table itself.
    If you have a Primary Key Field that is displayed on your report - then you will have those 'dummy' Primary Key values on yoru report too - unless you make a copy of your table with all the data - and in the copy don't have that Primary key field as a Primary Key.
    This will allow you to have blank rows - and the blank rows can be made to show up at the end of your report.

If you give me a little more information about your report - I might be able to help.
    What is the data source of the report - is it a Table . . . a Query?

mrswarrick is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    My report has 6 columns- 2 of those columns have data and the other four are blank. I built the queries using the blanks. Bascially what I have created is a report (using 6 queries)that will generate the requested information and then provide space in the required slots to hand write in the recorded information in the blanks. So the blanks are there...but in the report when I format to have a grid line around the blanks that gridline doesn't translate over to excel. It does translate to the pdf, but I can't edit the pdf afterwards...so that isn't what I'm looking for.
    Thanks

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I believe you have to have a version of Acrobat that allows Editing. I thought you had that.
    I've had limited success sending formats across to Word - and frustrations trying to make my Excel exports look even near as good as the Access reports.
    I'm sorry, but I don't have anything else I can suggest.
    If you don't hear from anyone else, you might try posting again.
    I HAVE seen this topic discussed in this forum. Unfortunately, I didn't follow it through and so I don't know what the outcome was.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.