kulle is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Want to be able to select and work with query results

I have a simple form that has a listbox. The row source for that list box is a simple query that displays results in the window. I would like to be able to select any one of the results and have it open up that selected record .

The basic makeup is a form used to enter device asset information, with 2 queries, one query displaying what devices are available and another query of what devices are out on loan. I want to be able to go directly to that record from within the query result window. Any ideas? I used to have a similar dbase, but got rid of it.

Thanks in advance for your support

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Do you want to open another independent form or filter the recordset of form the listbox is on? The listbox is unbound?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

kulle is offline Novice
    Listbox is unbound and I would like to open another form that I have created which is used to input the devices. You know what I mean? Right now I am populating it so there are only like 10 records, so it's no big deal to go back to the form and cycle through until I get to the record I want, but as it grows, I believe it is a filter on what I select. So the logic is , on dbl click, goto record in form, where what I selected = that reocrd in the form.

June7 is offline VIP
    In AfterUpdate event of listbox, can open another form with:

DoCmd.OpenForm "formname", , ,"ID=" & Me.ID

Where the ID's are the pk/fk fields of the related tables.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

kulle is offline Novice
    So I tried that and it didn't work. It's only one table and the PK is actually "ID"

June7 is offline VIP
    You want two forms bound to the same data source? Can you provide project for analysis?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.