GCS is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exporting Images to Word

Hello....

I am a novice and self taught Access database builder and have created a database for my children's Christian school auction. I have a table of auction lots that I need to merge with a Word file to create a promotional card for each lot up for bid.

Problem: How do I export the image of the lot into a Word merge document? I have a field to attach the image and the image shows up in the form for the table, but when I tried all I got was the name of the file.btmp.

Like I said...I'm a novice.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Recently worked with other posters who wanted to update an attachment field in a table with entries from an attachment field in another table. Couldn't be done. This leads me to believe the attached image cannot be passed to Word. If the images were stored externally then the name could be saved in a field in table and name passed to Word and then code in Word could load the image.

Couldn't this promotional card be built as a report in Access?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

GCS is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Yes! I can't believe that I didn't think to do it as a report. I went straight to Word merge because that's what I'm used to doing. I just designed the PR card as an Access report and the images are printing great! Thanks!

I've never designed a report before, so now I am working on how to make it date sensative...only print a card for records with a specific entry date.

I really appreciate your help....so do the kids at the school.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Printing for a specific date or any other value you wish just requires applying filter criteria. There are a number of ways to accomplish this.

The simplest is to have a query as the report's RecordSource and type into the query criteria row the exact values you want to filter on. Next is to use input parameter prompts set in the report Filter property or in a query as the report RecordSource. Anything else requires use of forms and/or code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.