theevilsam is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Inventory, but not as bad as you might be thinking.

Well after much messing about I have finally got a query that gives sales totals of all the products, and another that gives stock absorbed for all of the products, (images below).

I was looking at Allen Brown's stuff and I get it, but I was wondering If i could make a summary report covering all of the available stock for all of the products. there are 31 products in total and they all appear in the stock query and in the sales query.

Any Ideas on the coding to use...

I guess it would be possible to do, but then i dont really know where to start

Thanks

Sam

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If i could make a summary report covering all of the available stock for all of the products.
    What does this mean? What specifically do you want to do?

theevilsam is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I really want to make a report which will summarise the stock of each of the products in the queries.

Instead of having a button for working the stock of one specific product, having a button that will work the stock for each of the products in the queries at the same time.

does this make sense?

Gigi is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Calculation Speed

I have an inventory with 10,000 items. In a previous version of the system, I used a field to hold the amount on hand and then changed it every time a product was sold or received. I saw Allan Brown's calculations, and decided on this revision to use his calculation to calculate the inventory.

I use a pop-up form for the inventory so the user can choose a category or other characteristics and have the form filter the items. The problem is that when the form changes, it has to recalculate the amount on hand for 10,000 items and it becomes very sluggish.

Any ideas on how to speed up the calculations? Sorry, this is only somewhat related to the other problem. Maybe I should have started a new thread?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.