taimysho0 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2000

NO minimize button in Email Code

Hello, i am taking over a program that someone else built and cannot figure out why there is no minimize button when the email opens up.

what code does: user selects option from drop down list. After Update, code runs which opens an outlook email and fills in the fields of the email. However the user cannot minimize this screen so they either have to send the email or close the email in case they have to do something else or look at another screen. thanks!

code:

Private Sub cb_email_send_type_AfterUpdate()

Me![tb_email_list_by_division] = Me![cb_email_send_type].Column(1)
    If Me![cb_email_send_type] = "Corrective Work Form" Then
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "report_amr_exception_open_by_division", acFormatHTML, _
    Me![tb_email_list_by_division], "dlp6, dlr3", "EDS Data Acq - Gas", _
    "AMR PROBLEM SITE(s) - AIS# " & Forms![probtrac_email].[tb_ais_num_cwf] & " - " & Forms![probtrac_email].[tb_ngsa_cwf], "Hi, " _
    & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "EDS has been unable to connect to the above problem site(s) since " & Format(Forms![probtrac_email]![tb_start_date_cwf], "Long Date") & ". " _
    & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "Please investigate and let us know the status as soon as possible. " _
    & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "Division Clerk, " & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "Attached is a Corrective Work Form. " _
    & "When you have entered this information into SAP's Work Management System (WMS), " _
    & "please provide to us, via e-mail, the WMS's system generated Notification Number, and include the Station # / AIS # for our reference. " _
    & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & "Thank you." & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Forms![main]![tb_user_name] _
    & Chr(13) & Forms![main]![tb_user_title] & Chr(13) & "Energy Data Services - GAS" _
    & Chr(13) & "internal: 8-223-1377" & Chr(13) & "external: 415-973-1377", True

Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response, MyString
    Msg = "DID YOU SEND THE CORRECTIVE WORK FORM ?" ' Define message.
    Style = vbYesNo + vbCritical + vbDefaultButton2 ' Define buttons.
    Title = "CORRECTIVE WORK FORM CONFIRMATION" ' Define title.
    Help = "DEMO.HLP" ' Define Help file.
    Ctxt = 1000 ' Define topic
    ' context.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    That is odd, I see nothing in the code that should cause that. However, user should be able to move to other apps on the task bar.

Does this happen on any computer?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.