PeachTosser25 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Pulling field data from another record's field?

I need help with filling in field information. I have all records of people in one table, and for all persons i have Fields A B C and D. For PersonA I want to have FieldA and FieldB be tailored to that person, but FieldD to be pulled from PersonB's FieldB when PersonB's FieldA Value is typed into PersonA's FieldC.
    If it makes it easier, I want A Record to show
    A:PersonA's FieldA, B:PersonA's FieldB, C:PersonB's FieldA, D:PersonB's FieldB when PersonB's FieldA is manually entered into PersonA's FieldC.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Your attempt at making it simpler to understand by using FieldA, FieldB, etc. is confusing as hell. Use the REAL names of the fields and it will likely become easier to understand what you are trying to do (although given the initial attempt at deciphering it, I'm wondering if you have a properly normalized design to begin with).

I have a record for each person, and for each record there are name, evaluation date, evaluator's name, and evaluator's evaluation date (everyone get evaluated).
    I want to have each person's name and eval date filled in manually, but when you type in the evaluator's name into the form the evaluator's evaluation date will auto populate from the evaluator's record.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why are there two date values? What do they document? Date of evaluation and date of evaluator's what?

You have two tables? Do a join on the evaluator ID or name. Should really be an ID. Name parts should be in separate fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The dates are the rater's eval date and the rated's eval date. The rater gets rated by someone else at a different time, but it's a waste of time to go to the rater's record to find out when they were rated last, so I want to pull that info automatically.
    Its all in one table.
    If it seems like a lot of effort for just one field, its not just one field. There are 20+ fields that I want to be automatically pulled, I just use one in the question for simplicity as I assume the code will be the same for many.

June7 is offline VIP
    Not making sense to me. If the data is all in one table, there is no issue. If the data is in two tables, do a query that joins the tables.

Bind form to table/query then bind data controls (textbox, combobox, listbox) to fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I want the fields to pull from a different record's separate field. I can only display one record's data on a form, and I want to display more than one's field values.

June7 is offline VIP
    Pull from a different record? Possibly need a DLookup. Show sample source data and sample of what you want to display.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.