mark_87 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Please help! In over my head - setting up a database to be used in runtime

Hello,

Basically I'm quite the amateur at Access... but I've managed to create a database for a client anyway. It consists of 3 tables, forms for each of these tables, a query and a form for this query.

The database's main purpose is allow filtering of the results to see companies which suit a specific criteria. My plan was to advise the client to go onto a the relevant form for their search, and use "Filter by form" to achieve their desired results. I was happy enough with this.

However I've now been informed that the client needs a runtime version of the database as they are unable to the get the full version of Access on their computer. From my research so far I've concluded that firstly the tool bar won't be present, meaning navigation between different tables/forms would not be possible and secondly filtering of results is a disabled feature, which would render the whole thing useless!

Does anyone know if anything can be done? And how so? Bare in mind I really am a complete amateur...

Many thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Need a lot more code. Build a 'switchboard' or 'menu' form with buttons and or data controls (textboxes, comboboxes, listboxes) to control navigation between forms, allow generation of standard reports, input filter criteria.

Should be able to set up custom toolbars but this requires somewhat advanced coding.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.