recon2011 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Saving html, mht, or other email format to a Memo control

Is there a way to open an email in Outlook and then send it (copy) to a form in an Access database. I am looking for a way of saving emails i get from clients. I have a form from a table that is basically just a Memo field that has a CaseNumber control on it. I would like the email copied into the Memo control on the form based on the CaseNumber.

Example:

I open Outlook and look at the inbox. I have an email from a client that I need to save. I already have a database (Access 2007) set up. I want to save the email specifically to a form called EMails that has a control called CaseNumber that I can use as a filter. When I go to save the email I need a form to open and request the CaseNumber. I type in the Case Number and click OK. This will then open the Emails form in Access (basically just a Memo control) where the email will copy to. The purpose is to save all emails from clients. When I open the form Clients I can click the Email button and look at all the emails from just that client.

I have searched within the forum but haven't located this specific operation. Maybe it cannot be done. Keep in mind that my Access skills are limited but I can navigate fairly well other than VBA. Thanks in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Google: Access VBA import email. For starters
    http://www.fabalou.com/Access/Genera...ng_outlook.asp
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.