liles is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Rent income stream

I've set up a database that tracks leasing activity for an office property.

There is a Leases table for basic lease terms and then a related Rents table. When a lease is signed, there may be several rent increases built into it. So the records for Rents would specify a date and a rent amount.

I'd like to create a report that projects rent income for the next year. Basically each column is a month and each row is a Lease, and Access would fill in the rent amount for that month for based on the current Rents record. Is there a way to do this? Seems like it would be an obvious function for any property management database. But I'm not coming up with anything.

Thanks in advance!

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You want the 'projected' rents for the next year calculated & displayed based on the built in 'rent increases' for the different leases?
    The rent increases for each lease are in a table already?
    Could you put up a screen shot of a few rows of your data?

liles is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    OK there should be a screen shot attached. This shows the Leases table, with the rent amounts table as a subdatasheet.

To use the first lease (Bioptigen) as an example: If I was doing a 2011 rent projection, it would fill in $4,823.75 as the rent for each month January-June. Then in July, it would start filling in $5240 as the rent.

Thanks for your help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.