EricMK is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003

Question Purchased MS Office on eBay--Is it complete?

Several years ago my wife and I purchased a used computer running Windows 2000. It had Office 2000 Premium edition pre-installed, but the installation did not appear to be complete, as Office would sometimes prompt us to insert the installation disk, which we did not have. So we installed Office 2003 Standard on the computer, which we had purchased from a computer store, but which does not include Access. Recently we decided we needed Access, but the computer stores now only sell Office 2007, which does not run on Windows 2000. So we purchased Office 2003 Professional Upgrade, which does include Access, on eBay.

The package that we received contained 2 CD's: one labeled "Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Service Pack 2," and one labeled "Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Upgrade Disk 2." The "Disk 2" says on it in small print, "Includes Business Contact Manager for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003." The case that the CD's came in does not have any room in it for any more CD's. The instructions say to install the service pack first, so I did so. When I install "Disk 2," a wizard appears with the title "Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update Setup Wizard." When I click "Next" it installs Outlook with Business Contact Manager; nothing else is installed. When I launch Access, it is still Access 2000, not access 2003.

My question is this: Is the product that I purchased on eBay complete, or is it missing any disks. It seems rather odd to have a Disk 2 with no Disk 1, unless the service pack was supposed to be Disk 1 (but it doesn't say Disk 1 on it).

EricMK is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003

Thumbs up

Before I could contact the seller, she sent me the following e-mail:

I am so sorry, I forgot a CD to the program. I just mailed it to you via UPS tracking # ******************. Once again am sorry for the delay.

Problem solved!

rommelgenlight is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    you are suppose to reinstall the ms access with your Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Service Pack.

EricMK is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003
    I did install the service pack first, but I was missing the disk to install Access. The seller is sending it to me separately. I just wanted to verify that I wasn't doing something wrong before complaining to the seller, but she realized that she shorted me one disk and sent it to me before I contacted her about it.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Eric,
    This is great! Let us know if it arrives and works as expected.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.