Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    So instead of outputting all the data from the table you should create a create and out put that instead. Bring the oplog table into the query and do the matching on employee date as I suggested above. (Shout if you need help!)

Sorry, that should read "create a query"!!

manic is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I will do that, thanks for all your help and patiencie.
    and I will shout if need help.

I tried the query but this thing is kicking my butt hard, so I came out with my own non programmer solution i guess.
    this is what happens, I have a form called Admin Complaints, what it does is it lets me edit ,add,navigate all the current records input it, so basically the form opens with the first record that was entered and im able to navigate the records.
    If i want to save a record to file again that was entered on 2011 , it saves it and outputs it on the 2012 folder. so what i did was i created two reports one for present records and one for past records and on the criteria for the report i used this on the present records one Year([dtereceived]) = Year(Date()) and on the past records i used this criteria Year([dtereceived]) = Year(Date())-1, and I had to add an extra button to my form, and it works for what i need but i think there's got to be a way that i can make this better or simplify it by using only one report that can do both funtions.

1) Why are you making changes to past data on your form? Shouldn't those be over and done with?
    2) You should make some sort of combo box on the form for finding the record(s) you want. Navigating your way manually through lots of data is cumbersome. Maybe have 2 - one for the year and 1 for the employee name.
    3) You're right - you can't add a button to the form every time a new year starts. Either have a combo box/selection field next to the button where you enter the year before clicking the report button, or else put it in your query. Do you know how to use parameters in a query? In the criteria line you would type =[Enter Year] and then the query would ask you for a year every time it ran.

I see what you are saying. there's no need for anyone to go mess with past record other than just to save or print a copy.
    So this is what i did, I left the code intact, however i created a new form strictly to search for records and all the user have to do is input the name and a date range and the records from that employee and date range pop right out.

you have been very helpful, thanks once more.

Well done, that sounds like a good solution.

You're welcome, glad it got sorted out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.