Ribido is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Mailmerge: Making a list - Access to word

I'm trying to create a document that lists all of the results of a query that I've created in access. I originally tried to create the document within access (layout editor) but the requirements of the letter itself are very precise and I need the flexibility of word to complete this.

I can use mail merge to import the data to word, but it only adds 1 person (recepient) at a time. I need for word to load of the recipients into one table, my goal isn't to create a bulk mailing system.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

My format is

[Letter text]

[fname] [lname]

[Letter close]

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Don't understand. The Access mail merge wizard allows multiple recipients.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Ribido is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I'm tying to make an authorization list for certain parts of the building I work on.

For instance, only 4 people are allowed to access my office, but 10 people can access the computer lab.

There is a specific format I must follow for the majority of the authorization list, but I use Microsoft Access to manage the database of employees I have. I then use a query to create a list of people that are able to access each office. I just need Microsoft Word to insert this list into the document I've created. I could just manually copy/paste into word, but I want something that's idiot proof and can be easily updated by someone who doesn't know access.

As it is now, word will only load in 1 person at a time instead of the entire list.

---edit---

Some more clarification, this is how I want my letter to come out (assuming a list of 4 people is selected)

[Letter text]
    [fname1][lname1]
    [fname2][lname2]
    [fname3][lname3]
    [fname4][lname4]
    [Letter closer]

instead of the way it is working now

[letter text]
    [fname1][lname1]
    [letter closer]

[letter text]
    [fname2][lname2]
    [letter closer]

[letter text]
    [fname3][lname3]
    [letter closer]

[letter text]
    [fname4][lname4]
    [letter closer]

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I see, you want a table of the names within the word document. Word can have tables but can those tables link to Access as source date? If not, the only alternative I know is to concatenate the list as one long string with embedded CrLf and tabs or spaces. The resulting string might be too long for the data transfer.

Can you be specific about why you feel an Access report is not suitable to accomplish this output?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.