drexasaurus is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Combo boxes that resize to fit contents

I have seen and created combo boxes that resize when clicked to fit the size of the data inside. That is, the bound column might be a small string, like a in-house code (i.e. "aa", "ab", "bb" etc), but the combo box, when opened, expands to show the code in one column and the definition of what that code actually means in another to be all user friendly like.

I am trying to do this again, but I can't seem to get the box to expand when clicked. I have looked at a form where the box does expand, checked the settings (there was no code behind the other (sub) form), but I can't see why that combo box gets bigger and mine won't. I googled and for some reason can't find the answer to this question. It must be something obvious. What's going on?

I should just make the collumn larger, but this was requested to be added to a form after the fact, and everything would just be... nicer if I could get it to behave this way.

Thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I have never seen a combobox 'expand' as you describe. If you can provide project with the form that shows this behavior, will try to figure it out.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Michael Dean is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    How many columns are in the combo box's list? Make sure the Column Widths and List Width properties for the combo box add up. Or increase the List Width property.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.