luvsmel is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Create filter for multiple field search

I am creating a database for orders.

I want the users to be able to enter data in 1 textbox on the form and click 1 button and it show records with the same exact data.

Form: frmCurrentOrders
    Search Textbox: txtSearch
    Command button: btnSearch
    Table that has data: Quote
    Fields on Quote table that have data all are TEXT fields
    QuoteINC
    QuoteKSR
    QuotePurchaseOrder
    QuoteCRQ

So i want them to be able to enter any of those 5 and be able to get a record. Any help would be appriciated as I am pretty numb from all the data on the internet right now.

Thanks
    Mel

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...earchform.html

Would work only instead of opening in query view I'd want it to open that record on my form: frmCurrentOrders.

User would see it as:

Switchboard => click button to search record form => opens that record on the Current orders form.

Each of the 5 options are unique values and could only be found once so it isn't quite like zip codes where they might need to pull them all up.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Just make that query the RecordSource for the form or build the SQL statement directly in the RecordSource property. Then instead of OpenQuery, OpenForm.

Still need the wildcard syntax to allow filter when user doesn't provide value in all inputs.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007

Awesome

That worked very well, especially since my form was already based on a query.

I had another question though.

On that same form I have 2 command buttons in the form header that put the date in 2 textboxes controlled by a field.

Both buttons work fine but one textbox doesn't show the data until I actual put focus on it and as soon as i click somewhere else it goes away. I have checked everything I can, even deleted it and copied it from the one that works and it just doesn't work.

I attached the database. It's the current orders form, working button is cancel, non-working is completed. Thanks for any insight.

Mel

Windows XP Access 2007

Duhhhh

So about two seconds after I hit the send button I thought of something.... and it fixed it.

When I made the form I didn't build it with the Completed feild. I added that to the form from the existing fields and it started working.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.