Fly is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Operations whith two texts box's and save

Hi friends sorry i'm very noob. I'm starting use the access.

I have create a form. There is a text box to introduce the time of entry(A), other to time of departure(B) an another one to put the total stay time(C).
    My questions are: how can i do to the time in C is automatically calculated by deducting from B to A, and after that the calculated value appears in the correspondent cell in the table i have created to store all data generated in the form.

Another litle question is possible to erase all data in the table and put the
    ID key to zero?

Thank's.

dblife is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You need to create a table with a unique primary key, a field for time A and another for time B.
    Use this to create a query and use the DateAdd() function to calculate the difference between the two.
    Use this query as the basis for a form.
    It is not usually 'good practise' to store values you can get Access to calculate 'on the fly' whether in a query as part of a form or report.

As for setting an autonumber field to zero, there is a way but what is the point, the user is never meant to see an autonumber field.

Fly is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by dblife View Post
    You need to create a table with a unique primary key, a field for time A and another for time B.
    Use this to create a query and use the DateAdd() function to calculate the difference between the two.
    Use this query as the basis for a form.
    It is not usually 'good practise' to store values you can get Access to calculate 'on the fly' whether in a query as part of a form or report.

As for setting an autonumber field to zero, there is a way but what is the point, the user is never meant to see an autonumber field.

I have already a form with a field A the field B and the field C (the value is calculate because i have wrote on control origins on fields proprieties =[B]-[A]
    So on the form the value appears but i don't know how to put this value on the table i have create the fields but i don't know how to get the value calculated on the form

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.