Modifying and existing MS Access Application

My predecessor at me current company developed several MS Access Applications. These applications open automatically into a runtime situation. These applications are designed to pull information from standard text files and compile them into neat and tidy little reports. However, she programmed all of the column headings with static date ranges, thus making the reports obsolete at the turn of the year. I am also unsure as to where she is now grouping the information. I need to be able to get access to and modify the application program but can not seem to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are your files MDB or MDE files?

If they are MDE files, you will have to get the original MDB files they are based on if you want to modify forms, reports, and/or code.

If they are MDB files, then move the files to a computer that you know has a full version of Access (and not just Access runtime), and open the files from there.

The files are MDB files, however, opening them in a full version of Access did not work as they still openned in the application format. What I found worked was holding down the shift key while opening the file. This bypassed the runtime application and overrode the read only security functions that she had saved the file in.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.