adornis is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Exclamation Complex Problem with Access 2007, Pls help.

I've used access to do some simple things and know my way around a bit, but I need help from the experts now because the task I'm currently working on will require some code...

I have a single table containing 10,000 rows of user data. The table headers are PersonID, Surname, FirstName, and MiddleName. However, there is a current need to add a column in which I intend to attach a passport photo to each of these 10,000 names.

I currently have all 10,000 passport photographs (saved using each person's Surname, Firstname, Middlename, and PersonID in jpeg format) in a folder, but it is going to take forever to attach pictures one after the other. I know it is possible to write a script or module or something which would instruct MS Access to read the user data from the table, locate the picture folder, open the folder, search for the corresponding Surname, FirstName, MiddleName, and PersonID picture file, and attach this jpeg file to the correct row in the table.

I would more than grateful for any assistance i can get.

dblife is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    there is a small amount of code required.
    in the new column (field) record the pathway to the image for each person.. such as c:/image/person00023.jpg
    on the form where you want to show the image, create an unbound image box, called 'imgPictureBox' and put the following code inside the forms 'OnCurrent' event,

me!imgPictureBox.picture=me!txtImagePath

where txtImagePath is the path to the image for that record.

adornis is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dblife View Post
    there is a small amount of code required.
    in the new column (field) record the pathway to the image for each person.. such as c:/image/person00023.jpg
    on the form where you want to show the image, create an unbound image box, called 'imgPictureBox' and put the following code inside the forms 'OnCurrent' event,

me!imgPictureBox.picture=me!txtImagePath

where txtImagePath is the path to the image for that record.
    The main problem here is that there are 10,000 different people, and i need to attach each person's picture to their record... It would take forever to do this for 10,000 records. Is there no easier and faster way of doing this?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.