delacra is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Prevent user to let open a form and click on others form

Hi all!

First of all, I really would like to say "Thanks to all of you" for been there helping us with all our doubt about access... It's really incredible how you put your effort for free here in order to help people to work and understand access....

I have a question...I have some forms wich open after user place a password... I would like to prevent user to let open that form and click on other....because it will allow other user to perform not authorized funtion in that form... I was trying the on deactive even, close that form... but access say that it is not possible in form...

Could you please help me here?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How are users opening forms? Have you hidden the objects list window from users? Do they open forms with command buttons? You can use VBA code to disable buttons for particular users.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks for your response,

There is a form that is password protected, intended only for specific users.... Once the user with that right enter their password the form is opened.
    User may perform update to the records in that form, like creating new items.. The point is that I want prevent that if the user forgot to close that form in their computer and other user have access to it, may perform change in the form that the user with right forgot to close. For example the user click in the database in other form and didn't realized that when he did it the other form was not close accordingly.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi! I just fixt it... i just create the form as a dialog and it's perfect since is the form is open it will not let me change to another window in the database...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.